The Eclipse 2012 team have been working hard to make your travel planning easier by organising complete festival packages to witness the total solar eclipse due to grace far north Queensland on 14 November 2012.
With a little help from us you can be enjoying the convenience and luxury of quality canvas bell tent accommodation for the duration of the festival and when it’s all done, we pack it away for you too.
We can also take care of transport between Cairns and the festival site.
* full canvas bell tent on offer
Depart Melbourne Travel Package
Depart Sydney Travel Package
from AUD $1,355
Depart Brisbane Travel Package
from AUD $1,125
from AUD $1,425
Depart Cairns Travel Package
from AUD $820
from AUD $725
All Travel Packages are inclusive and contain
- festival entrance ticket
- return flights
- return transfers to the festival site from Cairns airport
- six or seven nights festival accommodation in four metre canvas Psyclone bell tent (triple share with double and single supplements available)
- safe eclipse viewing glasses and limited edition t-shirt or sarong.
“Star Villages” where package travellers will be camped are
- Close to the entertainment areas
- Have massive communal chill spaces
- Close to facilities (water, showers)
- Attended 24hours
- Top quality inflated foam mattresses
- Well lit and secure
- Travellers will be dropped right at their door
How do I pay?
There are two options for payment.
- You can pay in three installments if you book before 31 May with an initial deposit of 30% due on booking. The next 40% is to be paid before 15 July and the final 30% by 10 September. Packages booked between 31 May and 15 July can pay in two installments of 70% and 30% while packages booked after the July installment date will need to pay in full on booking. So get in quick to secure an easy payment plan!
- Alternatively the full amount can be paid any time.
Passengers paying in full by 15 July will receive a 5% discount off the total package price.
Payment can be made online or in any Commonwealth Bank branch.
Can I change my flights?
Outbound flights are unchangeable but return flights can be changed, subject to availability and airline fees, once travel has commenced.
My friend cancelled but my new girlfriend wants to take his place. Can we change names in the booking?
Yes. These flights are fully flexible and name changes are permitted until 09 September for a $100 fee. Packages become non transferable with no name changes after this date.
I’m uncomfortable sharing my space and awkward yet unavoidable bodily sounds with other people. Do I really have to share a tent?
The eclipse2012 team know all about unfortunate noises emanating from the body and are therefore happy to arrange double and single supplements for on site accommodation for an extra $250 and $450 respectively.
The worst boss in the world refused my annual leave and I now can’t go. Can I get a refund and use the money to hire a hitman for my boss?
While we totally empathise with this disastrous turn of events we can’t publicly advocate violence. Yes you can cancel your booking and get a refund up until 09 September however we will retain 20% of the total package to cover airline and other fees.
We’d like to travel with our baby; do we really have to pay full price for the little tacker?
Hey you’re already paying out a fortune for nappies and earplugs so we don’t want to add to your burden. Parents of infants under two will pay a $100 supplement for baby to join their epic eclipse adventure. Parents of older children can contact the eclipse team to organise an appropriate discount.
Do I need to provide my own bedding?
Yes you will need to provide your own bedding. Be mindful the average minimum temperature in the area in November is in the high teens so we suggest bringing only something light. No need to sleep in your thermals either!
Is there someone I can talk to about the packages?
You can contact us on Skype by adding travel [at] eclipse2012 [dot] com as a contact or calling (03) 9005 6265. Contact hours are currently Tues-Wed-Thurs from 10-2pm.
MAKE YOUR BOOKING
To purchase your travel package please email travel [at] eclipse2012 [dot] com (subject: Domestic%20Travel%20Package%20-%20Booking) or call Psyclone Events during office hours (Tues & Thurs 11-3pm) on (03) 9890 9606.